It seems only a few weeks ago 2016 started, but time flies and it’s already time to make 2017 resolutions.
There are a few things I wonder if I could have avoided or done differently when looking back on 2016. I wish I could share with you every detail, but they are personal, so to put it vaguely: friendship issues and development of social anxiety due to self-consciousness.
And that’s putting it nicely… I also wish that maybe I could have done better in my exams, although I am proud of the results I received.
But sometimes bad things have to happen before good things can… and that’s perhaps what happened. Because without falling out with my best friend, I wouldn’t have got to know whom I am close to now. Without social anxiety, I wouldn’t have started this blog, and the few before it. Without the slightly less satisfactory test results, I wouldn’t have been motivated to work harder for next year (which is already tomorrow!!).
So, it’s time for the 2017 Resolutions! (after those somewhat depressing couple paragraphs…)
- Pass piano grade exam
- Improve in my sciences (biology, chemistry, physics)
- Spend more time doing & put even more effort into homework
- Actually use my bullet journal
- Write in my diary more often
- Reach 100 followers? Or not? Or should I have a little more confidence in myself???
- Write more thoughtful posts
- Put more depth into book reviews
- Just post more in general.
And now… let’s look back to this blog!
The most popular posts (although I have only posted 24)
- How I Celebrated My Birthday
- My Nominees for the 2016 Blogger Awards
- Blogger Interview with the Amazing Mahriya @My Bookish Life
- Christmas and Stuff?
- Book Review/ We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
- The Anonymous Bookaholic Tag
And book mini-reviews you can hopefully read in January:
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- Geek Girl Special: Sunny Side Up by Holly Smale
- Night Owls by Jenn Bennett
- Spy Society series by Robin Benway
- Ruby Redfort Blink and You Die (series finale!) by Lauren Child
My graphic design page didn’t get as much attention as I’d hoped for, but I’ll try again some time in the future! This post was longer than usual, but it is a wrap-up of an entire year, after all! I hope you had an enjoyable 2016, and remember: in the end, you only regret the chances you didn’t take- so be brave and daring in the coming new year!
Wishing you all a Happy New Year…